Who must get the new Tourist Pass to enter Puebla


As of December 1, cars with foreign license plates must get the Puebla Tourist Pass so that they can circulate

As of December 1, cars with foreign license plates must process the Puebla Tourist Pass to be able circulate through the metropolitan area.

The document will be free; however, it must be processed before the Ministry of the Environment, Sustainable Development and Territorial Planning (SMADSOT).

It can be requested with a validity of 14, 5 or 3 days. Another option to be able to travel through the state in your car will be to acquire the Vehicle Testification hologram, which is like a emission verification.

Vehicles that do not carry the verification hologram or the Puebla tourist pass will not be able to circulate any day of the week, regardless of the activation of the “Hoy no Circula” program.

Cars that do not respect the rules could be economically fined with 20 to 30 Units of Measurement and Update (UMA), which currently equals 1,924 pesos or 2,866 pesos.

However, there are exceptions to this new measure, since the agency specified that these new provisions are for those states that are not part of the Megalopolis Environmental Commission (CAME), made up of Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Guanajuato, Hidalgo , Michoacán, Morelos, Puebla, Querétaro and Tlaxcala.

Source: Chilango