Paramount +, a new global streaming service that will arrive in Mexico and will replace another platform that bears the same name, but with more content. Exclusively we already have all the details of the version that we will have in Mexico and Latin America.
Its launch date will be March 4, 2021, in 18 countries in Latin America. All users can subscribe to a seven-day free trial and then access a monthly subscription for 79 pesos per month.
Kelly Day, President of Streaming and Director of Operations of ViacomCBS Networks International highlighted the price of the platform against its competition:
“Paramount + will provide consumers with a premium experience at a price significantly lower than that offered by other platforms, making it essential for both consumers and our distribution partners. ViacomCBS is in a unique position to take full advantage of the enormous opportunity presented by the global streaming market. “
Paramount + platforms in Mexico
At launch, Paramount + will have a web version for PC and through mobile devices, they will be able to use the application on iOS and Android.
The company highlights a distribution with companies such as Claro video, Mercado Libre, izzi, Megacable, Totalplay and Dish to have a greater presence.
Paramount + promises an international catalog that includes more than 5,000 hours of different titles and series for all ages. In the case of Latin America, they will offer a “mix” between global and local premium content, which will include productions from SHOWTIME, CBS, and Paramount.
The confirmed series for 2021 are the following:
- Black monday
- City on a Hill
- Your Honor
- The Good Lord Bird
- The Comey Rule
- Escape at Dannemora
- Ray donovan
- The affair
‘Your Honor’ with Bryan Cranston
- American Rust
- The First Lady
The company highlights ‘The First Lady’, starring and produced by Viola Davis, playing Michelle Obama, accompanied by Michelle Pfeiffer as Betty Ford and Gilian Anderson as Eleanor Roosevelt.
‘Escape at Dannemora’ for Paramount +
Paramount + Originals
- The Man Who Fell to Earth: starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, and winner of a BAFTA, is based on the novel by Walter Tevis and the iconic film starring David Bowie. The series will follow a new alien character who arrives on Earth at a turning point in human evolution and must face his past to determine our future.
- Greater of Kingstown – Directed by Taylor Sheridan, it will offer a look at America’s biggest failures encapsulated in one city.
- Lioness, from creator Taylor Sheridan.
- The Offer: a production that reveals the events that occurred during the filming of the movie ‘The Godfather’, one of the most legendary plots in the history of Paramount, by writer Michael Tolkin.
- Guilty Party: produced by CBS Studios.
- The Harper House: produced by CBS Studios
- Y: 1883
- Two Weeks to Live – Starring Maise Williams and the indie hit Everyone is Doing Great, written and directed by James Lafferty and Stephen Colletti (One Three Hill), who also star in the series.
Other Paramount series that will be available are: ‘Killing Eve’ and ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ .
Nickelodeon for kids
In the children’s segment of Paramount +, they will have the full backing of the Nickelodeon library, where new original shows are promised in franchises that we all know. The first two premieres are:
- Kamp Koral: The first spin-off of ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ , is a CG animated original series that takes viewers back to the beginning of the story when the iconic Bikini Bottom characters first met at summer camp. .
- The Astronauts – Nickelodeon Animation Studio’s first co-production with Imagine Kids + Family, is a new action series, which follows the story of a group of children who embark on the adventure of a lifetime when they are mistakenly thrown into space.
Content for Latin America
The platform will have premieres such as ‘The Father’ , nominated for the Golden Globes, ‘The Outpost’ with Orlando Bloom, ‘The Fanatic’ with John Travolta and some popular franchises such as ‘Mission Impossible’ and ‘The Godfather’.
In the comedy section, they will have content generated in the region such as:
- S3 Rooms for Rent
- A Culpa é Do Cabral S9
- Central Bar
- Comedy Central Presents
Some premieres are expected for reality shows, in addition to seasons of series such as ‘Acapulco Shore’, ‘Jersey Shore’, ‘Ex on the Beach’ and ‘Catfish’.
The Paramount + Originals will host the premiere of ‘Los Enviados’, a supernatural thriller produced by Juan José Campanella, starring Luis Gerardo Méndez and Miguel Ángel Silvestre, as well as ‘Cecilia’, a “dramedy” starring Mariana Treviño.
A detail to consider, in the United States Paramount + will have two subscription levels, a basic one for $ 5 per month with commercials and a higher level for $ 10 per month. So far it has not been mentioned whether in Mexico and Latin America the subscription of 79 pesos per month includes advertising.